I never really understood people who always played the victim. People who never owned up to anything he or she ever did. These are the people who always blamed someone else for their problems or for any problem for that matter. The ones that even blamed you for problems that had nothing to do with you. For years, I have tried to understand the purpose or the definite meaning behind this foolish way of being. And still, I have no conclusion. No explanation. I see no motive behind it. Could it be because I am one who has no problem whatsoever admitting when I am wrong, when I have done wrong, or even when I have been the cause of wrong being done to someone else? Could it be because I have a conscious? Or because I can never blame someone for something that I myself can only taken credit for? Please, do not misunderstand me. There are times that I want to blame the world for my problems. There are times that I want to blame my friends. There are times when I want to blame family. And guess what? Sometimes I do. But, at those times I self-reflect and realize that they are not the ones to blame. In fact, I am, especially in situations that I know they have absolutely nothing to do with. I guess having a conscious is what separates me from those people who have the tendency to be quick to dust the blame off of themselves on to someone else. Maybe those people are the ones that have the most insecurities within themselves. Maybe blaming others is one’s only defense mechanism. Maybe it is the only way that he or she can feel one within themselves, shadowing the true fact that he or she can be actually wrong. Maybe it makes him or her feel as if taking the blame off of them will accomplish something or make them a bigger and better person. I was always told that no one is perfect, and I would never want to be the type of person that never ever does anything wrong. I can only imagine what life would be like if I was just totally perfect. In fact, I am pretty content with being imperfect. Life is not about being perfect and life is definitely not about being too perfect to never ever make mistakes or admit to being the cause of a situation. I must admit that everyone has a day when he or she wants to blame someone else for their problems and everyone has a day when he or she actually blames someone else for their problems. There is no crime or problem with that. The problem comes when you cannot realize that the person you are blaming is NOT to blame, and the second problem comes when you make it a habit of not owning up to your own mistakes! If God can see your faults and forgive you, why can you not recognize your own faults and forgive yourself?
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Blame Game
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment